Venice attractions & sightseeing
– Grand Canal
– St. Mark Square
– Rialto Bridge
– Gondola boats
– Water bus
– Venice Lido
– Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale): at St. Mark Square
– Bell Tower of St. Marks (Campanile di San Marco)
– St Mark’s Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
– Teatro La Fenice (opera house & concert venue)
– Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
– Peggy Guggenheim Collection (modern art)
– Accademia Galleries (Venice Academy)
– Gallery Ca’ d’Oro (Venetian + Flemish paintings)
– Ca’Pesaro: (modern art & oriental art)
– Museo Correr: Napoleonic Wing at St. Mark’s Square
– Ca Rezzonico (Museum of Eighteenth Century Art)
Accademia Galleries (Galleria dell’Accademia)
Large collection of Venetian art.
Address is: Campo della Carita, Dorsoduro n. 1050 (south bank of Grand Canal). Openinghours: Monday 8.15-14.00, Tuesday to Sunday from 8.15-19.15.
The main tourist office is at the entrance to Piazza San Marco near the Correr Museum. Other tourist offices are in Santa Lucia train station at the ground floor and at Marco Polo Airport.