Venice events & festivals
Biennale, Venice Film Festival and carnival
Venice hotels & travel
Venice main events & festivals
- Carnival of Venice (February)
- Venice International Boat Show (13/15-20/22 April 2012)
- Ascension day (June)
- Redentore (July 16/17)
- Historical Regatta (first Sunday in September)
- Venice Film Festival (September) - Madonna della Salute (November)
- Venice Biennale - International Art Exhibition (every two years)
Important international cultural event held every two years. In 2011, it takes place from June 4 to November 27.
The Venice Biennale consist of:
- International Art Exhibition
- Venice Film Festival
- Contemporary dance performances
- International Festival of Contemporary Music
- International Theatre Festival
- International Architecture Exhibition
Venice Film Festival
The 68th film festival will be held in 2011 from August 31 to September 10. It's a famous international festival with world premieres and new trends. Location is on the Lido island.
Carnival of Venice
Big festival of masked people walking through the streets of historic Venice. The spectacle attracts thousands of visitors every day. During the carnival are performances, shows and concerts on stages and palaces. The carnival is in 2012 from 11–21 February.
The Historical Regatta is a serie of rowing races in the Grand Canal. The crews wear clothes of the 16th-century. The Regetta is every year the first Sunday in September.
Venice cruise port
Venice historic centre
Grand Canal Venice
St. Mark's Square
Venice best restaurants
Venice Biennale art exhibition (2009)