Venice attractions & sightseeing- the Grand Canal
- St. Mark Square
- Rialto Bridge
- Gondola boats
- Water bus tours
- Venice Lido
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale): at St. Mark Square
- Bell Tower of St. Marks (Campanile di San Marco)
- St Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Teatro La Fenice (opera house & concert venue)
- Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
museums- Peggy Guggenheim Collection (modern art)
- Accademia Galleries (Venice Academy)
- Gallery Ca’ d'Oro (Venetian + Flemish paintings)
- Ca'Pesaro: (modern art & oriental art)
- Museo Correr: Napoleonic Wing at St. Mark’s Square
- Ca Rezzonico (Museum of Eighteenth Century Art)
gondala boats sailing in the Grand Canal, Venice
Accademia Galleries (Galleria dell'Accademia)
Large collection of Venetian art.
Address is: Campo della Carita, Dorsoduro n. 1050 (south bank of Grand Canal). Openinghours: Monday 8.15-14.00, Tuesday to Sunday from 8.15-19.15. Tickets: Full price ticket: €6.50. European citizens younger than 18 years and European seniors get a free ticket.
The main tourist office is at the entrance to Piazza San Marco, near the Correr Museum. Other tourist offices are in Santa Lucia train station at the ground floor and at Marco Polo Airport.
St. Mark Square
Ca'PesaroInternational gallery of modern art with paintings of Klimt, Chagall, Kandinsky, Matisse and others. The upper floor has collections of Japanese, Chinese and Indonesian art.
Address is Santa Croce 2070, Venice. Open daily from 10.00-18.00. In Nov-April from 10.00-17.00. Closed on Mondays and on 25th December, 1st January, 1st May. A full price ticket for both museums is €8. Students and children get reduced prices.
Venice attractions, cruises & hotelsSt. Mark's Basilica - Palazzo's - Arsenal - Cruise port - Venice cruises - Carnival Cruises - Marco Polo Airport - Treviso Airport - Santa Lucia train station - Mestre train station - Piazzale Roma bus station - Venice hotels - Hotel Rialto - HOME